Chicken Laksa with Carrot Noodles (20-minute recipe)
4-6 serves Servings
Perfect for cold weather. Freeze any leftover lemongrass, ginger or kefir lime leaves.
- 1 brown onion
- 1-2 red chillis
- 1-2cm (1inch) piece ginger
- 1 stick lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 400g chicken strips
- 1.5L chicken or vegetable stock
- 270ml (9oz) coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 2 kefir lime leaves
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large carrots, spiralized
- 2 bunches bok choy, end cut off, leaves seperated
- Lime to serve, optional
- 1.Blend onion, chillis, lemongrass and ginger in food processor until chopped.
- 2.Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add blended mix and brown for 2 minutes. Add chicken and curry paste. Cook for 3 minutes.
- 3.Add stock, water, kefir lime leaves and coconut milk. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 min.
- 4.Add carrot noodles, bok choy and mushrooms. Cook for 5 mins. Serve with fresh limes.